23.1.10

Vello Leaf - Tonight I'm Leaving

I first found out about Vello Leaf from my buddies', the Lilis Bros, compilation "City Campers", which I urge you to seek: it was a significant release that helped as any, in the build up of the burst of new greek english-speaking scene of the last 2-3 years.
Just before last Christmas, Vello Leaf released their second album, called "Tonight I'm Leaving…". If you are a dream pop, shoegaze, ost fan, I think you should check it out. And as the seller of the headphones I have been using for more than 10 years told me at the cashier of his tiny shop in a small town of Greece, "you will remember me". I do remember him and you will remember me.
The album features female vocals by Alexandra McKay and Evira (of Abbie Gale), music from Dalot and whispers from Aubben Renée. Artwork from Kate Alizadeh.

You can buy the album here for 13 euros (shippment included) and you can listen to the beautiful song "21 Station" below.


No comments: