30.6.10

Math and Physics Club: I Shouldn't Look As Good As I Do

I don't think any math and physics student I've ever met was in an indie-pop band.

That said,
one word: twee. Seattle's Math and Physics Club are the prime of the indie-pop revivalists that blossomed in mind 00s, idolizing Sarah Records, singing like the Pastels and writing lyrics all about love, pictures from a weekend afternoon at the park and the notion of life as a fragile flower's journey.

Their debut in 2006 was hailed as great music, but it took them 4 years to get to the sophomore. The brilliantly named "I Shouldn't Look As Good As I Do" is on the same page, twee to the bone, with some clever lyrics and sound straight from the 90s. I don't consider this a forward move, but I don't think that this is even the point with purist bands like Math And Physics Club.

The album was released last May on the tasty Matinee Records

Go twee here

1 comment:

Raggedy Man said...

So and so... Thus spoke the twee purist himself...