26.6.19

Sun Kil Moon - Carry Me , Ohio



Sorry that I could never love you back I could never care enough In these last days Her tears fell On her pages found me out About her words I don't know what To do or say Wading through Warm canals and pools, clear blue The Tuscarawas flows into The Great Lake Riding back To where the highway met Dead-end tracks The ground is now cement and glass And far away Heal her soul Carry her, my angel Ohio Green, green youth What about the sweetness we knew? What about what's good, what's true From those days Can't count to All the lovers I've burned through So why do I still burn for you I can't say Sorry that I could never love you back I could never care enough In these last days Heal her soul Carry her, my angel Ohio Children blessed Gather round the home, she rests So poor and cold With their Midwest Moon and sun Flashes bringin' on My open eyes to lightning storms The touch of mist felt soft, felt warm On my face Graving dreams A million miles ago You seem The star that I just Don't see Anymore Words long gone Lost on journeys we walked on Lost her voice is heard along the way Sorry for Never going by your door Never feeling love like that Anymore Heal her soul Carry her, my angel Ohio

No comments: