28.1.17

Policy Of Three- Nine Years Old



He liked to be alone Lie on his back and stare at the sky Its clouds made shapes Only a child could make Some older boys approached, he knew fear They beat him, grabbed him by his limbs and stretched him out They went into the water His face to the sky, he couldn't swim, never tried One pulled a knife and screamed "Do you wanna die?" Never cried, held it all inside Shame,lay down your guns Shame, we are one Shame, hold your head high Shame, there is no time He was dropped into the water "No", he cried out, as the boys ran away When it was shallow, he learned to swim The moment hit him, and he ran home Lost love Scared and stammering , he told his mom of the boys, the knife and the water She beat him for being somewhere she told me not to go Where was the love this child was supposed to know? Never cried, held it all inside Hold me now, don't let me fall apart Hold me now, I haven't got the strength Hold me now, got to find time Hold me now, time to fix it right If I turn my back, things won't change If I walk away, things will stay the same The memories will stay the same If I walk away, things won't change Do you see what I see? Do you feel what I feel? The lines are drawn, damage done Just a boy...just a boy

No comments: