15.6.10

James Kottak interview


James is one of a kind. He's all about rock & roll.

What kind of car do you drive?

I have 2 cars. A Nissan truck which I drive a lot and a Mercedes. The Mercedes belonged to James Brown, his wife sold it to me after his passing. I got it for a really good price, too.

After all these years, haven't you gotten tired of touring and all this?
What's to get tired of? Traveling around the world, playing in front of thousands of people, great cars and great food, does it get any better?

Funniest story about a concert.
Some years back, we had this concert in Thessaloniki. I always go early at the venue, to do my thing. So, my driver takes me to a stadium which it totally empty. He didn't speak any english. So, after phone calls and funny details, he takes me for another 25 minute drive, to the actual venue. This has never happened to me and it was very funny.


How did you meet Athena?
Tommy Lee was a friend. One day he said you gotta meet my sister and that's that.

Who is a better drummer, you or Athena?
Me

Greece
I love it. I've all over the world but there is nowhere like Greece. The people, the food, everything. I have relatives and I've been here many times, apart from the concerts.


No comments: