28.6.10

Emarosa - Emarosa

I never got into the whole screamo thing. Too american, too high school for me, too stupid a name, call me old, who cares. Emarosa's sound is though, an example of how a band can push some boundaries (whatever), to get to sth new. Emarosa chose to push post-hardcore towards the direction of r'n'b! This sounds strange, I know. But, if you think about it, post-hardcore and r'n'b' have been the new pop for US in the later half of the 00s. So, here's a band with pop lyrics, post-hardcore sound and a vocalist with r'n'b / screamo strength. Still sounds strange, I know, but it's sth else, innit? Not so much, but is sounds a little bit different, so just listen to "The Weight of Love Blinds Eyes" and go on with your day (And get over yourself. Nobody cares about your opinion, unless you pay to buy sth)

Emarosa's self-titled second album is out tomorrow, June 29th on Rise Records, but you can listen to it today here

No comments: