26.1.10

Riton exclusice interview


Name your top albums or tracks of the 00s
Have to say that the Rapture "House of jealous lovers" was the most influential track for me, a real turning point for dance music. Also around the same time L.F.O. "freak" came out and I was like "woah" I really like super hard techno.
What will you take with you in the new decade and what will you leave behind?
My good looks and leave my modesty.
Which artists are you looking out for 2010?
Mount Kimbie, Douster, Siriusmo, Primary 1
How did you feel when you heard Justice's use of a sample that you have also used ("Tenebrae" by Goblin) has given them worldwide success?
I can't even remember sampling that, honest! (notice: see below)
From krautrock to disco to techno to house, you go everywhere with your sound. What is your music goal? When do you feel happy with a track you have produced?
I'd really like to hear my music in a club played by lots of people - and enjoyed by lots too.
Name your favourite Krautrock album ever
Neu Neu 1
Name your favourite disco album ever
Giorgio Moroder "From here to eternity"
Can you tell me where I can find a copy of the "Live in Eivissa" release? Can't find it anywhere.
I think phonica may have a couple left
Any news from Die Verboten?
We've got a new 12" ready to go on DFA next year
what do you have in line for 2010?
Working on lps with Mehdi, Primary 1 and starting a new label for my own music. Also I have a blog now www.ritontime.com which I'll be giving away free remixes / edits
Any new plans for Eine Kleine Nachmusik?
eine kleine is on hold for a year or two

Ok, my turn. Riton did not remember he had sampled the song "Tenebrae" by Goblin, but he even talks about it
here. This is the same song that Justice sampled in their album, in the songs "Phantom" and "Phantom II". "Tenebrae" is a 1982 film by Dario Argento. The music of the film belongs to the italian prog rock band Goblin, though on the album the music is attributed to Simonetti-Pignatelli-Morante (members of the band). Goblin worked with Argento in of his films, including Deep Red and Suspiria. They have also scored George A. Romero's film "Dawn of the Dead". They had huge success, selling millions, but changed members and eventually disbanded in late 70s, till 2004, when they reformed at the request of Argento.
Songs are here:
Goblin - Tenebrae (OST theme)
Justice Phantom
Justice Phantom II

No comments: